When my husband and I returned home after a minor family emergency the other night, we were hungry but it was too late to cook, and we sure didn't feel like ordering take-out, either.
Fortunately we had two Healthy Choice Baked Entrées in the freezer. I had received coupons for the free meals as part of Healthy Choice campaign I'm participating in with the Vibrant Nation Influencer Network, and because of them, my husband and I had a hot meal in less time than it would have taken for us to pick up fast food at a drive-through on our way home.
The Healthy Choice Baked Entrées offer fresh, baked-from-the-oven taste straight from the microwave in the following 10 flavors (meal descriptions courtesy Healthy Choice):
- Four Cheese Ziti Marinara: Freshly-made ziti pasta tossed with classic marinara and topped with a blend of fine Italian cheeses; Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and mozzarella.
- Roasted Chicken and Potatoes: Savory slices of chicken breast with red skin potatoes, crisp carrots, and tender pearl onions in a light chicken and herb sauce.
- Fettuccini Alfredo Bake: A classic combination of freshly-made fettuccini pasta and rich Parmesan Alfredo sauce with crisp broccoli and topped with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Italian Sausage Pasta Bake: Freshly-made whole grain rotini pasta paired with juicy Italian sausage, tossed in a rich garlic marinara together with bubbling mozzarella cheese.
- Lasagna with Meat Sauce: Three rich layers of freshly-made pasta, hearty meat sauce, and ricotta cheese topped with mozzarella for perfection.
- Chicken & Rice Cheddar Bake: Whole grain brown & wild rice pilaf with crisp broccoli and sliced chicken breast in a creamy cheddar cheese sauce.
- Chicken & Spinach Alfredo: Freshly-made whole grain penne pasta tossed with sliced chicken breast, spinach and tomatoes in a creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Chicken Enchilada Bake: A full-flavored chicken enchilada over cilantro rice and topped with corn, black beans and a decadent queso sauce.
- Ravioli Marinara Bake: Rich ricotta and spinach filled al dente ravioli tossed in a tomato basil sauce and topped with fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Slow Roasted Turkey Bake: Slow roasted turkey breast accompanied by potatoes, butternut squash and crisp green beans topped with classical gravy and crispy onions.
When I purchased the Healthy Choice meals, I chose the Lasagna with Meat Sauce for my husband and the Chicken Enchilada Bake for myself. My husband — a lasagna lover like no other — said his was quite good, with al dente noodles, tasty meat sauce, and a reasonable amount of cheese. He offered me a bite, but I was busy partaking of my Chicken Enchilada Bake.
The flavorful Chicken Enchilada Bake hit the spot, but after seeing how much my husband enjoyed the Italian flavors, I wish I had chosen the Ravioli Marinara Bake instead of the Chicken Enchilada. No offense to the chicken dish, but I'm pretty sure I would have liked the ravioli better. I'll definitely get that one the next time. Or the ziti.
Either way, there will be a next time, for the Healthy Choice Baked Entrées came in handy as a quick but wholesome and nutritious meal. Next time, though, I'll plan the meals for lunch rather than dinner, as the portions are more suited to a lunch-time meal. Though I suppose if eaten with a veggie and possibly some rolls, they'd be perfectly fine at dinner time. We were just too darn hungry to go all out that late at night. And that late, the Healthy Choice Baked Entrées filled us up just fine.
Visit the Healthy Choice website for more information on Healthy Choice Baked Entrées.
Disclosure: I am participating in a Vibrant Influencer Network Healthy Choice campaign. I have been provided coupons for free products and compensation for posting. Opinions and anecdotes are my own and were not influenced nor reviewed by Healthy Choice prior to posting.