Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was lovely, with sweet connections with each of my girls, each in a different way.
I have a wonder-filled week ahead, with further connecting with my oldest daughter, Brianna, as we set out early Wednesday morning on a picture-perfect multigenerational trip along the California Highway 1 Discovery Route and Morro Bay, California.
Sailing around Morro Bay Rock, courtesy Morro Bay Tourism Bureau
The itinerary includes multiple wonders, from wine tastings to a Hearst Castle tour, an Elephant Seal "stewardship travel experience" and a walk along Moonstone Beach, plus a champagne brunch on a riverboat cruise, lots of world-class dining, and much, much more.
Our five-day adventure begins in Cayucos, followed by Cambria, and the itsy bitsy community of Harmony (population 18) — all along the California Highway 1 Discovery Route — and ends with two nights in the seaside village of Morro Bay.
A snippet of what we'll see, where we'll be:
GRAND Social No. 206
Thank you for once again participating in the GRAND Social link party — the one, the only, the fabulous roundup of links from grandparent bloggers! Enjoy!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- Grandparents who do not blog (or want to share something other than their own post) are welcome to add links to other posts grandparent readers may be interested in.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to the blog or website home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- I reserve the right to remove posts I feel are inappropriate. (Which hasn't happened yet, but I feel obligated to note that, just in case.)
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- If adding your own post, including a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a linker, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.