I hope the long Christmas holiday weekend was wonderful for you and yours!
Mine was great. Much smaller than ever but peaceful and calm, which is exactly what I'd hoped for. Brianna, Patrick, and Bud joined us for Christmas Eve dinner and candlelight service at church, then Andrea and Matt drove from Denver to join us on Christmas Day (and Bud spent Christmas Day with his mom).
Even Mickey and Lyla (our dogs) and Abby and Isabel (our cats) — plus the three granddoggies (four if you count Andrea's new remote-control pup) who arrived with their parents — enjoyed the festivities at our place. Megan reported she, Preston, Bubby, Mac, and Jak had a merry day in the desert, as well.
'Twas a blessed and happy Christmas for my family all around — with no tears from me this time as I'm finally getting the hang of appreciating and enjoying the holiday despite five of my favorite family members celebrating 815 miles away!
GRAND Social No. 187
Welcome, too, to the last GRAND Social link party for grandparents of 2015! I appreciate your participation and look forward to your shared posts. Cheers to continued GRAND socializing in 2016!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- Adding a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.