Welcome back! I hope the weekend was a grand one for all.
As I mentioned Friday, I planned to avoid going online as much as possible over the weekend. And avoid it, I did. Saturday I didn't even turn on my computer — something unheard of, something not done in the past four years. Seriously.
In the free time I gained by stepping away from the screen, I did a bit of this and that, including:
• Starting the weekend by enjoying a cup of coffee on the deck rather than promoting my posts on social networks.
• Digging up and getting rid of three dead aspen trees in my front yard — all by myself, thankyouverymuch!
• Enjoying a pedicure with Brianna.
• Weeding my entire front yard (which is not a lawn but a, well, hmm... a faux riverbed accented by cairns and rock outcroppings... sort of).
• Weeding my flower beds and pumpkin/zucchini/cucumber patch in the back yard.
• Taking photos. Lots and lots of photos, including these three favorites:
One of my begonias — which seems to feature a yellow-haired angel.
The wild roses have bloomed!
A not-so-yucky yucca from across the street.
And that was just Saturday. My entire weekend proved delightful, and I look forward to enjoying more in a similar manner — minus the aspen tree elimination — throughout the summer.
Now for GRAND Social No. 55. Thank you so much for joining me!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog specifically about grandparenting, but you must be a grandparent who blogs.
- To link up, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue "Click here to enter" text below and follow the directions to add your post and graphic to the list.
- You can add up to three posts, but no duplicates, please, and none you have promoted on a previous GRAND Social linky. And no contests, giveaways, or Etsy sites, please.
- Adding a mention at the bottom of your linked posts, such as This post has been linked to the GRAND Social linky, is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky is open for new posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Bloggers who link up would be honored to have one and all — bloggers and readers — visit, read and, if so moved, comment, even if just a "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social."
- Looking for another grandparent linky? Be sure to visit Connie's Grandparent's Say It Saturday Link Party each Saturday.
Thank you for participating in the GRAND Social!