Pool parties have long been a favorite way for kids to celebrate their birthdays, whether it be in their own backyard swimming pool or a paid party option at the local public swimming spot.
My daughters never got to have a pool party for their birthdays when I was in charge of party planning. In part because I can't swim and the thought of being reponsible for little ones bobbing about in a body of water, large or small, scared the bejeezus out of me.
My oldest daughter turned 34 last week. This weekend she had a birthday party. A pool party! Because she was in charge of the planning. And because she has a pool in her backyard.
I'm still not a swimmer but I did get in the pool for a bit. Because the pool is just four feet deep. And because it gave me the opportunity to splash the birthday girl. As you can see above, even Andrea's dog, Luke, enjoyed the pool party, bobbing about in an inflatable cooler.
Cheers to pool parties! And cheers to Brianna!
GRAND Social No. 219
Now for the party! Thank you for participating once again in the link party for grandparents. You, my friends, rock!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- Grandparents who do not blog (or want to share something other than their own post) are welcome to add links to other posts grandparent readers may be interested in.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to the blog or website home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- I reserve the right to remove posts I feel are inappropriate. (Which hasn't happened yet, but I feel obligated to note that, just in case.)
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- If adding your own post, including a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a linker, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.