My daughter, Megan, mother to my three grandsons, arranges for an annual family portrait with a professional photographer. Though the photos always look super to me from my biased grandma perspective, try as they might — photographer, Mom, and Dad — one or another of the boys (or parents) are looking away or blinking or being unhappy or uncooperative in each and every shot.
The same happens when I attempt photos of all three boys together (as a trio or with me). Even more so when Megan and Preston pose with their boys. The results tend to be far from perfect when seeking perfection.
Megan and Preston visited San Diego over the weekend, the boys in tow as Preston attended a conference there. They visited the beach and paused for a picture. I have no idea who snapped the shot, but it's clear that not expecting everyone to pose and say cheese is the way to go, as this picture (which I've cropped from the original Megan shared) is absolutely perfect.
Their best family portrait yet.
I love it! And them!
And whomever the savvy photog was who snapped my beloveds in a perfectly natural — and so them — shot.
GRAND Social No. 189
Welcome to another link party just for grandparents. If you're a grandparent blogger, share a link. If you're not a blogger — or grandparent — you're more than welcome to read the links listed. Enjoy!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- Adding a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.