If you've been married a long time, you may look at Valentine's Day as my husband and I do — as a day of obligation more so than a warm and welcome day to express our sincere love for one another.
I know many folks do feel as we do, for I found this box of chocolates stating so. The box of chocolates I gave my husband on Obligation Day, I mean, Valentine's Day.
Thankfully we've been married long enough (coming up on 34 years!) that we could both chuckle about that, with no offense taken.
That said, it's still nice to pretend or imagine there's still that sense of wonder and awe and I simply cannot get enough of you now and then. JibJab made it possible for me to imagine such in the sweetest — and silliest — of ways:
Cheers to love old and new! And smiling and swooning our way through obligatory lovey-dovey days as we look forward to days the sweet sentiments come impulsively, unexpectedly.
GRAND Social No. 194
Cheers to the GRAND Social, too! Thank you so much for joining me!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- Grandparents who do not blog (or want to share something other than their own post) are welcome to add links to other posts grandparent readers may be interested in.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to the blog or website home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- I reserve the right to remove posts I feel are inappropriate. (Which hasn't happened yet, but I feel obligated to note that, just in case.)
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- If adding your own post, including a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a linker, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.