New grandma on the blogging block!
I often receive emails from grandmothers asking me how to start a blog. Well, I tend to have limited time for my own blog, and I'm far from a pro at blog building. (Heck, I still use an old version of Squarespace that doesn't even allow comment threading because I don't have the time to figure out how to move to an updated one myself nor do I have the money to pay someone to do it for me!)
So my standard reply is this: Visit this site and this site and you will gain all the knowledge you need to get started. Those are the sites that were instrumental in providing exactly what I needed to launch Grandma's Briefs.
I very rarely hear back from those who ask for direction. A few days ago, though, I did.
A grandma named Judy — a grandmother of 10, my friends — emailed me in September asking how to go about blogging. I gave her my suggestions on sites. She emailed me Friday to say, "I did it! Come take a look!"
I took a look and am so very proud of Judy! Her site is called Judy's Junk Drawer, and it looks like this:
Please visit JudysJunkDrawer and give her props for her fabulous job, support for plodding on! We all know how very draining and lonely this blogging gig can be at times. Right?
Welcome, Judy! It's always a pleasure to add a new blogging grandma to the fold.
GRAND Social No. 226
Support is exactly what we all gain from the GRAND Social! Thank you for being here to lift up one another, to comment and connect with the blogging grandparent community!
Cheers, my friends, to another round of linking and reading!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- Grandparents who do not blog (or want to share something other than their own post) are welcome to add links to other posts grandparent readers may be interested in.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to the blog or website home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- I reserve the right to remove posts I feel are inappropriate. (Which hasn't happened yet, but I feel obligated to note that, just in case.)
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- If adding your own post, including a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a linker, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.