Summer arrived to Colorado Springs packing heat this past weekend. In a house with no air conditioning, we all suffered. Jim and I — and Andrea when she visited for Father's Day — were pretty good about keeping our distress under wraps... for the most part.
The dogs, though? Mickey was determined to soak up a little sunshine Sunday morning out on the deck, despite the sweltering heat.
His suffering was unmistakeable. And assuaged moments after that photo when I told the silly boy to get his butt inside and in front of a fan.
Andrea's dog, Luke, wasted no time taking advantage of the fans strategically located throughout my house, though, soon after his arrival.
If the heat keeps up like this, you'll likely soon find me lying on the floor in such a manner, too. Let's just hope it won't be because I've passed away, finally succumbing to heat stroke once and for all.
Someone get this grandma some air conditioning! (Okay, okay. I know, I know. We will never, ever be able to afford the cost of installing A/C in a home fitted with a boiler system not a furnace.)
GRAND Social No. 212
Despite the heat, I'm ready to socialize. How 'bout you? Thank you for showing up for this week's GRAND Social link party — the cool place to be!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- Grandparents who do not blog (or want to share something other than their own post) are welcome to add links to other posts grandparent readers may be interested in.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to the blog or website home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- I reserve the right to remove posts I feel are inappropriate. (Which hasn't happened yet, but I feel obligated to note that, just in case.)
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- If adding your own post, including a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a linker, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.