It's been quite cold in Colorado since I returned from my visit to the desert last week. Perhaps it's the fact I came home from the desert that makes Colorado seem a wee bit chillier than usual. It's been icy and snowy and cold the past few days, which makes it even more incredible to think that just one week ago, I was shooting photos of the sun-loving flowers blooming on the bushes in my grandsons' back yard.
Flowers such as this... of which I have no idea the name (does anyone?):
Just looking at that magnificent desert bloom, whatever its name, warms me. Could be because it just looks like summer to me. Or could be because it reminds me of the fun I had with my adorable Bubby, Mac, and Jak with those flowering bushes serving as a colorful back drop.
Either way, I feel a tad warmer on a chilly winter day because of it. I hope you do, too.
GRAND Social No. 185
Thank you for joining me for GRAND Social No. 185! I appreciate your presence and your posts!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- Adding a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.