Changing the rules! Plus, GRAND Social No. 190 link party for grandparents
Monday, January 18, 2016
Lisa Carpenter in GRAND Social, GRAND Social linky, Tips for grandmas, blogging, grandchildren, grandmas, grandmothers, grandparent lifestyle, grandparenting, grandparents and grandchildren, link party for grandparents, news for grandparents, social media, tips for grandparents
Changing the rules
For 189 weeks now (that's one hundred and eighty ninety!) I've invited grandparent bloggers to share links to their humorous, informative, and personally revealing blog posts. And it's been wonderful!
Now, in week 190, it's time to change the rules. Because not every grandparent who reads Grandma's Briefs is a blogger. And because many of those non-blogging grandparents come across fascinating, fun, and informative posts as they peruse the Internet, posts other grandparents may not have seen.
With that in mind, the rule change for the GRAND Social link party is that now you do not have to be a blogger to add a link to the link party!
You do, though, still have to be a grandparent. But now, every single grandparent reading this is invited to add a link you think others in our grandparent community would be interested in reading. Just follow the directions below, sharing the link to post you'd like for the rest of us to check out. Perhaps a super recipe from Pinterest, an important news piece, a pithy personal essay, a fun Facebook post, an informative article grandparents will appreciate. Anything (safe for work) goes — except sales pitches or Etsy pages.
Linking posts is relatively easy when following the Inlinkz prompts, but if anyone has a problem, question, or concern about the process, please email me with LINK TROUBLE in the subject line and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
I look forward to additions from new participants — as well as new posts from long-time linkers!
Yay for sharing! And reading! And socializing!
GRAND Social No. 190
Now, let the party begin! Cheers!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- Grandparents who do not blog (or want to share something other than their own post) are welcome to add links to other posts grandparent readers may be interested in.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to the blog or website home page. Then click the blue button below marked "Add your link" and follow the directions.
- I reserve the right to remove posts I feel are inappropriate. (Which hasn't happened yet, but I feel obligated to note that, just in case.)
- Those who add links to the GRAND Social link party will be sent a weekly reminder when the party goes live. If you prefer to be removed from that email list, feel free to do so (and you'll still be more than welcome to join the party any time).
- If adding your own post, including a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://grandmasbriefs.com" target="blank"><img src="http://grandmasbriefs.squarespace.com/storage/GRANDsocialbutton.jpg" alt="Grandma’sBriefs.com" width="125" height="125" /></a>
- The GRAND Social linky accepts posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a linker (yeah, I probably made up that word), you have the pleasure of being a reader. Those sharing a link would be honored to have you visit, read and, if so moved, leave a comment even if just "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social." Bloggers who link are encouraged to visit and comment on the links of other bloggers, as well.
Article originally appeared on (http://www.grandmasbriefs.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.