Welcome to GRAND Social No. 74. That's seven four... SEVENTY-FOUR.
For 74 weeks running, I've hosted a link party for grandparent bloggers and readers. And the surprising thing? For 74 weeks, bloggers and readers have joined me! Meaning super posts from super grandparent bloggers have been shared then read by equally super readers.
Very cool. Thank you all very much for making the GRAND Social such a success. And thank you for showing up once again for today's GRAND Social.
Before kicking off GRAND Social No. 74, though, I'd like to share with you a great deal for those who are already working on their holiday shopping. Or for those who just plain like Shrek and would enjoy this Broadway production that received eight 2009 Tony Award® nominations including Best Musical, winning Best Costume Design of a Musical and received a Grammy Award® nomination for Best Musical Show Album.
Shrek The Musical, from DreamWorks, is out on Deluxe Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow. I honestly had no idea until being contacted that there was such a show, but I've been promised I have a review copy on its way to me and I will soon post my review. But in celebration of the DVD going on sale tomorrow, Tuesday October 15, I have a discount code to share with you in advance of my review — just so if you planned to get Shrek The Musical, you get the deal.
Here it is... a code for 20 percent off Shrek The Musical when purchasing from FoxConnect. Just note the corresponding code below, then click here to purchase either the single-disc DVD ($12.99 before discount) or the Blu-ray Deluxe Edition ($18.99 before discount). Note: Those are not affiliate links.
Stay tuned for my review of Shrek The Musical, coming soon to a Grandma's Briefs page near you.
And now, for today's main attraction ... drum roll ...
GRAND Social No. 74!
Again, thank you for joining me.
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog specifically about grandparenting, just be a grandparent who blogs.
- To link up a post, copy the direct URL to the specific post — new or old — that you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue button marked with "Add your link" below and follow the directions.
- You can add up to three posts, but no duplicates, contests, giveaways, or Etsy sites, please.
- Adding a mention such as This post linked to the GRAND Social to your linked posts is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button anywhere on your page using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky is open for new posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. Bloggers who link up would be honored to have one and all — other bloggers as well as readers — visit, read and, if so moved, comment, even if just a "Hey, stopping by from the GRAND Social."
- For another grandparent linky, visit Connie's Say It Saturday Link Party each Saturday.