Jim and I watched the Academy Awards last night — with a short detour over to catch the current episode of The Walking Dead while it was on, as we don't have DVR capability — and I must say, it was so hard to root for one movie in the bigger categories because I saw and loved so many of them. I was delighted, though, that Argo won Best Picture. It truly was one of my favorites, it truly was deserving. If you've not seen it, do.
While the Oscar race may be over for the year, there's another round of awards going on at About.com. Like the GRAND Social, these awards are just for grandparents. And many of the nominees are grandparents we know and love, grandparents whose blogs we visit, whose books we read, who often show up right here to participate in the GRAND Social.
I urge you, my friends, after you participate in the GRAND Social below, to head on over to participate in the 2013 About.com Reader's Choice Awards to vote for your favorites in the following categories:
- Vote: Favorite Grandparenting Blog
- Vote: Favorite Children's Book
- Vote: Favorite Grandparenting Book
- Vote: Favorite Grandparenting Anthology
- Vote: Favorite Grandparenting E-Book
Your support for these talented grandparents is greatly appreciated.
Also greatly appreciated is your participation in this week's GRAND Social. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog specifically about grandparenting, but you must be a grandparent who blogs.
- Posts shared can be an old one or a recent one, your choice.
- To link up, copy the direct link to the specific post you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue "Click here to enter" text below and follow the directions to add your post to the list.
- You can add up to three posts, but no duplicates, please, and none you have promoted on a previous GRAND Social linky.
- No contests, giveaways, or Etsy sites, please.
- Adding a mention at the bottom of your linked posts, such as This post has been linked to the GRAND Social linky, is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky is open for new posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- Looking for another grandparent linky? Be sure to visit Connie's Grandparent's Say It Saturday Link Party each Saturday (open to links through Monday nights).
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. All bloggers who link up would be honored to have you—bloggers and readers—click, visit, read and comment.
READERS and PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS: Please visit the posts others have linked to by clicking on the thumbnail photos. Comments are always appreciated by the bloggers whose links you visit, even if it's simply "Hey, stopping by from GRAND Social."
Thank you for participating in the GRAND Social!