Most grandmas are just as dedicated to making the most of our grandmother role as we were to our role as mother when raising our kids. We want to be outstanding at the job and continually strive to build lasting memories and magical moments.
I admit to it. For instance, I always pack my Grandma Bag full of creative, crafty and fun things I hope will have a profound impact on Bubby and Mac when I visit them—at least as profound as arts and crafts for toddlers can be. Which is why I found it so interesting that of all the things we've done together so far during my current visit with my grandsons, it's been the making of popcorn in the air popper, for a movie night, that Mac found most pleasing. No, he found it downright hilarious. The anticipation of the popping and movie snack to follow elicited the greatest grins and loudest giggles I've so far witnessed in my youngest grandson during this stay.
Those over-the-top giggles and grins reminded me that it's the little things that matter most, the unplanned moments and the simplest of things that can best touch hearts—and funny bones—often far beyond what my jam-packed bag of tricks may be capable of. I'm going to do my best to remember that during the three full days I have left with my grandsons as well as long after my return home. In terms of being a grandma, in terms of life in general.
And in other news, welcome to this week's GRAND Social. Thank you for joining me!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog specifically about grandparenting, but you must be a grandparent who blogs.
- Posts shared can be an old one or a recent one, your choice.
- To link up, copy the direct link to the specific post you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue "Click here to enter" text below and follow the directions to add your post to the list.
- You can add up to three posts, but no duplicates, please, and none you have promoted on a previous GRAND Social linky.
- No contests, giveaways, or Etsy sites, please.
- Adding a mention at the bottom of your linked posts, such as This post has been linked to the GRAND Social linky, is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky is open for new posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- Looking for another grandparent linky? Be sure to visit Connie's Grandparent's Say It Saturday Link Party each Saturday (open to links through Monday nights).
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. All bloggers who link up would be honored to have you—bloggers and readers—click, visit, read and comment.
READERS and PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS: Please visit the posts others have linked to by clicking on the thumbnail photos. Comments are always appreciated by the bloggers whose links you visit, even if it's simply "Hey, stopping by from GRAND Social."
Thank you for participating in the GRAND Social!