A while back, I posted this video in which a grandmother expresses myriad wishes for her grandchildren. At that time, I agreed with much of what she said, including her wish that grandchildren get burned in order to learn a lesson. Yes, get burned. Harsh, I know, but I agreed, for what better way for a child to learn not to touch something hot.
Well, Bubby touched something hot over the weekend—a hot grill at the neighborhood park.
Let's just say I no longer agree with what that grandmother said in the video. Screw such lessons, I now say. Especially because it left Bubby fearful where he wasn't before, even to the point of asking Mommy at the grocery store if the cashier's conveyor belt was hot and if he should make sure to not touch it.
Poor Bubby. He learned his lesson, and I learned mine. Just had to share.
Now on with this week's GRAND Social!
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog specifically about grandparenting, but you must be a grandparent who blogs.
- Posts shared can be an old one or a recent one, your choice.
- To link up, copy the direct link to the specific post you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue "Click here to enter" text below and follow the directions to add your post to the list.
- You can add up to three posts, but no duplicates, please, and none you have promoted on a previous GRAND Social linky.
- No contests, giveaways, or Etsy sites, please.
- Adding a mention at the bottom of your linked posts, such as This post has been linked to the GRAND Social linky, is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky is open for new posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- Looking for another grandparent linky? Be sure to visit Connie's Grandparent's Say It Saturday Link Party each Saturday (open to links through Monday nights).
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. All bloggers who link up would be honored to have you click, visit, read and comment.
READERS and PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS: Please visit the posts others have linked to by clicking on the thumbnail photos. Comments are always appreciated by the bloggers whose links you visit, even if it's simply "Hey, stopping by from GRAND Social."
Thank you for participating in the GRAND Social!