I've been feeling a little down lately because I can't get my <cuss> wireless network to work in my house. Why is wireless that important? Because my work takes place online, and I prefer—sometimes need—to do that work wirelessly. Plus, I just plain want it, and that should be good enough reason.
These are my wireless devices that previously networked nicely, some for years:
- My computer
- Jim's computer
- My iPhone
- My wi-fi radio
- My printer
They did just fine up until last Wednesday. Then *poof* the wireless went wacko for reasons unknown. Now the only devices working are my computer and my wi-fi radio. No computer time for Jim. No Netflix for either of us.
Not being able to figure out why is making me crazy. Even more so now that when the Comcast tech visited yesterday, he tested all the vitals, replaced cables, scratched his head, said, "I've never run into such a thing," then apologetically told me I'm on my own since I do have one computer working, proving my Internet works and wireless connectivity isn't their job.
In light of the craziness (and crabbiness) my computer connectivity issue has caused, I'm in need of some serious spirit lifting. I'm fortunate for these spirit-lifters that made a difference the last few days:
1. A weekend visit from my youngest.
2. An afternoon with my mom and sister, at the urging—and chauffeuring—of my youngest.
3. Friday food and fun with my youngest, oldest, and hubby.
4. Videos of Bubby and Mac.
5. A text from a friend telling me she's at an outdoor wedding at a public garden venue and it reminds her of my back yard.
6. Picking my one and only zucchini from my garden. (At least I got one, which I keep telling myself is far better than none.)
7. New reading glasses—three pair, in fact, courtesy of the combo pack at Wal-mart.
8. A check for freelance work that came sooner than expected.
9. Only 16 days left until Jim and I fly to the desert to see Bubby and Mac again.
Despite still seeking the ultimate spirit lifter of all—a solution to my wi-fi woes—those are the things that helped, those are the things I need to keep in mind and focus on.
And I'll do exactly that—after I check just one more setting that just might be the answer...
__________ always lifts my spirits when I'm feeling down.