I enjoy a good deal as much as the next grandma, but I strongly disagree with this:
Why do I think it's wrong? For starters, it further diminishes Thanksgiving in the mad dash from Halloween to Christmas. Plus, it means retail workers must be on the job instead of at home with their families on the holiday. And it places consumerism and the almighty dollar above tradition and family and things that should matter most.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only grandma who feels that way, but I'll climb on down from my mini soapbox now. Thank you for listening.
And thank you for sticking around and participating in this week's GRAND Social.
Here we go...
How it works:
- All grandparent bloggers are invited to add a link. You don't have to blog specifically about grandparenting, but you must be a grandparent who blogs.
- Posts shared can be an old one or a recent one, your choice. I like to link up to older posts that current readers likely haven't seen.
- To link up, copy the direct link to the specific post you want to share, not the link to your blog's home page. Then click the blue "Click here to enter" text below and follow the directions to add your post to the list.
- You can add up to three posts, but no duplicates, please, and none you have promoted on a previous GRAND Social linky.
- No contests, giveaways, or Etsy sites.
- Adding a mention at the bottom of your linked posts, such as This post has been linked to the GRAND Social linky, is appreciated. Or, you can post the GRAND Social button using the following code:
- The GRAND Social linky is open for new posts through Wednesday evening, so please come back to see those added after your first visit.
- Looking for another grandparent linky? Be sure to visit Connie's Grandparent's Say It Saturday Link Party each Saturday (open to links through Monday nights).
- If you're not a blogger, you have the pleasure of being a reader. All bloggers who link up would be honored to have you click, visit, read and comment.
READERS and PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS: Please visit the posts others have linked to by clicking on the thumbnail photos. Comments are always appreciated by the bloggers whose links you visit, even if it's simply "Hey, stopping by from GRAND Social."
Thank you for participating in the GRAND Social grandparent linky!