I'm flying to the desert today to spend a week with my grandsons. Here are...
17 things I'll do this week:
(in no particular order — except for No. 1)
1. Swelter in the desert heat.
2. Hug Bubby.
3. Cool down with my grandsons at the water park.
4. Hug Mac.
5. Jump with my grandsons at the indoor trampoline center (Kegels, don't fail me now!).
6. Hug Megan.
7. Sit with Bubby on one side and Mac on the other while enjoying Despicable Me 2 at the theater.
8. Collect more artwork from my grandsons for hanging on my refrigerator.
9. Take a picture or two (thousand).
10. Worry about scorpions and lizards crossing my path — or getting in my bed.
11. Watch Bubby jump from the diving board.
12. Be proud of Mac, who is reportedly potty-trained.
13. Teach Bubby how to play Froggy Boogie.
14. Think of my partner in grandparenting, who couldn't visit our grandsons with me (and find time to Facetime him with the boys).
15. Read Dr. Seuss' Bartholomew and the Oobleck and make oobleck.
16. Hug Bubby and Mac again... and again and again.
17. Be one heckuva happy grandma!
What will you do this week?